Thursday, November 24, 2011

What's going on

My first attempt at cooking curry with a homemade paste bought from a stallholder in the wet market. The stallholder even taught me how to cook, real patient of her :P The chilli was good but I had used too little curry powder. Curry was spicy, generally ok but lacked fragrance. Tried using fresh milk instead of coconut milk but I thought maybe that was a mistake. It's good that the homemade chilli paste wasn't that salty and glad that I added tau pok and fishcake, abit silly but I thought I just added what I liked to eat. Well, but this recipe really needs a second attempt!

Pieces of pumpkin were steamed and I had some stir fried minced meat with mushrooms on top

Tau kwa with bean sprouts...this is best with porridge :)

Tau kwa with french beans...love to eat what I cook, haha :P

I guess I am back. To those who have been wondering where I have been all these weeks, sorry if I have made you worry. After numerous assignments and hours at the laptop for the past months, the last thing I really wanted to do was to start typing paragraphs and paragraphs of words. Put it this way, I was even too lazy to form sentences, let alone paragraphs. Lazy is the word, I just wanna be lazy, so lazy that even a bulldozer wouldn't even move me. The rebel in me was enjoying itself taking centre stage for the past week, chanting "I don't care!" :P Well, well, well, I have not forgotten to do things which I like too...cooking meals at home and checking out some recipes. Did some shopping and marketing with Mummy, helped a little in decision making for the renovation and not forgetting to just idle :P

No comments:

Post a Comment