Sunday, February 5, 2012

The depth of life


I was sharing with the 40 under my charge about how I look into the mirror in the morning at times. I was sharing with them that at times when I look into the mirror, I don't see my face (this isn't meant to be spooky k :P). I see two choices glaring at me, at times fiercely: to be happy or not to be happy. Simple choices I guess but not sure if we all see these choices at times or make a choice out of the two. We are probably not perfect beings and hence, we are often blinded by certain things in life, we are discouraged by the disappointments that we have experienced, we are disheartened by the failures we have to go through, we are angry for not accomplishing certain goals, we are hurt through the interactions that we have with others. Well, nobody ever says it easy to bounce back, to forget or to heal...nobody. But I guess we have choices, we do. It's probably important that we take charge and choose according to what's wise for each self. Well, for me, this song is a good energy booster for all my early mornings, would also play it loud in the car while driving, shiok! Oops, pardon me for using a little Singlish :P Adele's strong vocal in this song never fails to pump zest and inject strength in one, well, at least in me. I guess this silly gal chooses to find means and ways to motivate herself and hopefully others, constantly reminding herself the simple reason for her existence in this world...

No comments:

Post a Comment