Sunday, February 5, 2012

Dinner before Didi left for DG

Fish tail...according to the boss, the sauce over the fish was specially made by the chef. Fish was really fresh, the sauce would go very well with rice but I thought it would be perfect if the sauce would be a little less salty, maybe less fermented beans in it?

Foochow vegetarian dish...subtle flavour and good enough to eat it on its own, without rice.

Prawn rolls...enjoyed the natural sweetness of the prawns, very unique!

My third Yu Sheng for this Lunar New Year

I think Mummy and Didi enjoyed the cold crabs. Not a real fan of crabs myself but I thought the meat was sweet and I loved it dipped in plum sauce.

Would you consider a restaurant that has been around for almost 17 years to be able to serve nice food and will continue to do so in the next 17 years in this fast-changing society of ours? Challenging, isn't it? But I am sure Singapura Seafood Restaurant (Selegie Road) has its group of loyal diners all these years, especially so for cold crabs lovers. We were scouting for a place for dinner before Didi left for DG last Sunday and my father suggested this restaurant (not sure how he came to know about it though :P). The restaurant kinda still retained its 80s decor and it seemed to bring back fond memories of where my grandparents used to live and the two restaurants that are located at the void deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment