Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Family time...

Dim sum at Old Hong Kong Taste

We went to the temple yesterday morning to pay our respects to our late grandfather. Mummy bought lotsa stuff for praying purposes. As I was helping Mummy to carry those stuff to the car, I was wondering if people of my generation do know about all these customs and traditions. Somehow, it worries me a little when the thought that these customs and traditions may eventually vanish came to my mind... At the temple, we helped to place the offerings on the table. I was thinking, Gong Gong must be very happy to see us all...

After our trip to the temple, we had dim sum at Old Hong Kong Taste (myVillage@Serangoon Gardens), a relatively new restaurant over there I would say. Ingredients for dim sum were all pretty fresh, especially the prawns :P They also had an unique and interesting way to prepare their kai lan. Love the xiao long bao too, soup in the little baos was kinda rich and tasty, but was wondering if the skin was a little thick. Char siew bao Nevertheless, I know I would go back there again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment