Friday, February 18, 2011

My date with...

I had my first date with Statistics last evening. My first impression was, "I am sorry but do I know you?". Symbols and numbers seemed to be our way of communication or was there even communication? All they did was positioning themselves within numerous tables...remaining passive, motionless and lifeless all the time. I wish they could make some sense to me at times. Talk to me please, will you?

...Hmm, maybe I have not put in much effort at all in weaving a meaningful relationship out of this, maybe it's time to put aside whatever biases, judgment and past experiences that I have, maybe it's time to learn to interpret it the way it is and see the beautiful side of it. Well, yes, I think it's probably gonna be a real tough journey but maybe it's time to give it a chance and give myself a chance...Whatever it is at the end of the journey, I guess I will learn something out of it. Good luck, silly gal...

2 comments:

  1. statistics is one of my fav!u will grow to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, you are always good at numbers, stats and accounting. I rem I was depending on you for accounting during our JC days :P ...I think I have to start accepting it as part of my life before liking it. But of course, I cannot deny the fact that it does serve a purpose in the area of research, gotta hang on :P

    ReplyDelete