Thursday, December 15, 2011

I thought I was brave


We decided to rent bicycles for a day to move around Siem Reap. Cycling in that kinda traffic and among all those vehicles?? No kidding, you know, I couldn't help but feel that the traffic can be pretty chaotic over here. I wonder about the meaning of "the right of way" over here at times since we have reached Cambodia about a week ago. Goodness, frankly speaking, there was really fear mixed with lotsa anxiety when the guys suggested cycling for the day. Yeah right, city gal :P Silly me has never cycled along a road, the cycling track at East Coast Park is so-called the best 'adventure' I have ever 'ventured into' in terms of cycling :P Well, but I guess it's another "I-thought-I-couldn't-do-it-but-I-did" kinda situation. Doubting my cycling skill, the last thing I ever wanted was to have my bicycle crashed into another vehicle, touch wood! :P But you know, when I was cycling among the numerous motorcyclists, cyclists, tuk-tuks and other vehicles on the road, I seemed to have his feeling that I am a part of them, really feeling what's like being a Cambodian. I mean it felt good :) Well, I thought I was brave (in my own way :P). Despite the seemingly chaotic traffic, I thought they were pretty considerate cyclists, motorcylists and motorists on the road. Well, but I think the best gift for the day were the smiles from the Cambodians as we cycled past some of the traditional shops and houses that they stayed in. Really lovely smiles that they have got...Thank you for that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment