Monday, December 26, 2011

What does Christmas mean to you?

What does Christmas really mean to you? Well, it's a question that I have been asking myself, especially so this year. I wonder why. To the Christians, I believe that Christmas is an annual commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ. However, it seems that Christmas is also being celebrated by an increasing number of non-Christians over the years. Family and friends gather, enjoy lotsa great food, exchange Christmas gifts and for some, the festive season is filled with lotsa partying. Hmm, is this what Christmas is all about?

I think sometimes we expect too much of Christmas Day. We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity of the whole year. As for me, I like to take Christmas a little at a time, all through the year. And thus, I drift along into the holidays - let them overtake me unexpectedly - waking up some fine morning and suddenly saying to myself: "Why, this is Christmas Day!" ~ David Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment