Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Father's birthday

 Ha, both my parents 'seriously at work' at Teochew Dynasty while their silly daughter was busy clicking away :P 

 Fried fish skin...This must be my favourite! Loved the crispiness of it and they were served hot...yummy! 

 I told my father that to me, authenticity of Teochew cuisine depended very much on the braised duck and tau kwa served. I have mixed feelings about what's served at Teochew Dynasty...loved the freshness and flavour of the tau kwa but was a little disappointed with the duck...it was not as tender as I would expect it to be although the gravy was flavourful. 

 Beef with kailan...the slices of beef were so very tender, good recommendation!

 Their signature, Teochew stir fry mee poh...Maybe not so salty was a plus point but I think I still prefer my mushroom minced pork mee poh served in hawker centres :P

Promfret was too big for three of us so the restaurant manager suggested having soon hock steamed in the Teochew way...hmm, fish was fresh but something seemed lacking in the soup. It did not really make me crave for more spoonfuls of it. Were there plums in there? I don't seem to see any.

I suggested Chui Huay Lim Teochew Cuisine but my father suggested Teochew Dynasty, saying that we should go Chui Huay Lim when XF and Didi are back home next month. Well, the birthday boy's wish is my command. Teochew Dynasty is a newly opened restaurant at Midview City. There weren't many diners when we went for dinner yesterday maybe coz it was a weekday. The restaurant manager was rather friendly, erm, but I thought it was kinda over friendly for me...sometimes, I just wish to enjoy my meal in peace :P Hmm, food was reasonably priced but I was sharing with my father that that traditional Teochew flavour seemed to be lacking in the dishes. I wouldn't really know how to describe that but I thought I wasn't really impressed by the dishes that I have tried, maybe the authenticity wasn't really there?

No comments:

Post a Comment