Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tiong Bahru Bakery...French?



Just beside The Orange Thimble, we discovered another cafe cum French bakery, Tiong Bahru Bakery by Gontran Cherrier. The smell of freshly baked bread was so wonderfully alluring when we stepped in. They had quite interesting baguettes, savoury ones included. But by the time we went to the bakery, there wasn't quite a great variety left. I believed most were snapped up, ha, including the lemon tart that Snoop wanted to try. We bought a number of croissants and two other buns which I had forgotten the names. Loved the one with herbs and spices, very good on its own although it was suggested to us that we could stuff some smoked salmon in between the bun. Realised that I have forgotten to take photographs of the bread! ...Oh well, but I know I really hope to be back there again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment