Sunday, August 5, 2012

Family dinner at Chui Huay Lim

 The bitterness of the tea at the beginning of the meal...a love-hate relationship 

 My favourite liver roll from the platter that we ordered...thin and crispy skin, with fresh and generous fillings

 A traditional Teochew dish that my father likes...braised conpoy with eight vegetarian treasures

 Looked plain when served but once eaten, we were full of praises for how well cooked and flavourful the bittergourd and the pork belly were 

 Not really a big fan of steamed promfret so I thought it was just a so-so for me

 Fried mee sua with seafood...a little too oily for me


We never fail to have a feast of traditional Teochew dishes whenever XF and Didi are back home. This time, we decided to head to Chui Huay Lim Teochew Restaurant which is housed within Teochew Chui Huay Lim Club at Keng Lee Road. It is a part of Jumbo Group and I remember it was also recommended by PY some time back. It was very crowded that Sunday evening and I thought it was a little too noisy for me, especially when I was already very much irritated by a bad headache. However, I was rather satisfied with the food, worthy of a second trip to try other traditional Teochew dishes. Oh yes, we were too full to try the traditional yam paste for dessert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment