Sunday, August 26, 2012

Old School Delights

 Ha, was really delighted to see everything so "old school", from the menu to the little wooden box at each table that contained games like "Happy Family", "Donkey" and little toys back then.

 "Do we write what we would like to order on this whiteboard?" asked Silly Me. Well, two advantages - forces one to practise writing and saves the environment. Love the idea :)

 Huge chalkboards surrounded the cafe with also little packs of tidbits, which we used to love munching on as kids, being sold at the counter.  

 Jars of childhood, jars of little joys

 My mummy used to buy a whole box of this kinda pencils when I was a little girl :)

 Not sure coz I was hungry but I thought the mee siam was nice and flavourful, felt like homecooked food.

Sticky chewy chocolate cake wasn't too sweet, it's kinda fluffy and moist too. I would say a wonderful slice of joy for the afternoon.

Headed to Upper Thomson Road to check out a place for Yoga with Ms Tan and chanced upon this cafe that brought back fond memories of childhood. What a smile I had on my face when I entered the cafe. Looking at every detail that decorated the whole cafe, I felt like a little girl, donned my school uniform and all ready to attend school. Those were the days, so simple, such bliss and so much fun. 

"All grown-ups were children first (but few remember it)" ~ The Little Prince  

No comments:

Post a Comment