Friday, August 10, 2012

First time in my life


Slept from about 6pm till about 9am the next day, skipping dinner... I could not believe I did this, or rather I could not believe I could sleep like this. I have never slept so long in my whole adult life. Goodness, is this considered a luxury, a telling sign of great exhaustion or just plain laziness? Woke up realising that it's the nation's birthday. It felt good to be able to slowly take my own sweet time to fix a simple breakie of cereals for myself, flipping through the pages of the newspapers and not having a schedule to attend to or follow. Could hear Kit Chan's "Home" playing in the background and thought about what home really means to me. Hmm, home is where you know there are people who love, care and worry about you. And you know that at some point in time, there will always be lovely people thinking of you at a part of this small island. Home is where you can be alone but not feel lonely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment