Saturday, September 15, 2012

Baker & Cook



Chanced upon Baker & Cook while checking out the restaurants along Hillcrest Road last week. The loaves of bread, sandwiches and pastries at the counter seemed to entice my taste buds a great deal as I stood at the counter wondering which should I choose for a little tea break. Miss Tan's indecisiveness did not really help :P In the end, decided to give the lemon tart and the eclair a try. Both seemed to signal to me, "Melt me in your mouth and allow me to tango with your taste buds." It was a nice, quiet and cooling afternoon as we sat outdoor enjoying our afternoon tea. Hmm, no matter what kind of cafe, I guess I have come to a conclusion that afternoon tea is always best enjoyed during a weekday. Maybe it's just me, a quiet environment is important to me in defining what a good venue for afternoon tea is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment