Friday, September 7, 2012

The experimenter and her guinea pigs

 Mark's scones seem to be tastier with every attempt, what is the secret ingredient??? Love the abundance of cranberries in those scones. One thing I would really love to have with the scones would be good clotted cream.

 I kinda prefer the taste of those grilled chicken wings which I prepared in my first attempt. I think winglets seem a better choice for grilling as compared to drumlets. 

Have always loved this combination, pleasant to the eyes and any kind of food will taste great with this dip

Told myself that I must set aside a day this week to 'indulge' in my own space, to be precise, I felt like cooking a little in the kitchen. Missed going to the wet market too. Well, I made it happen and did what I wanted to do. Came up with five dishes (fried wanton, vegetables, chilli prawn, grilled chicken and salted vegetables with duck soup) and I am sure each experience and attempt would always come with lessons to be learnt and things to improve on the next time. I would certainly look forward to the next 'indulgence'. Ha, many thanks to Angeline and Mark for being such courageous guinea pigs, from trying the food packed in lunchboxes to meals prepared by silly me. We need such brave souls in our lives at times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment