Sunday, September 16, 2012

That Ted in my life

Psychologists say that teddy bears are so loved, even by adults, because they hold a lot of memories for people. They hark back to a time when life was simpler and relationships less fraught. They also remind people of not just the good times but also the bad times in their lives, when the teddy bear was that imaginary friend who listened silently as you unloaded all your problems and cried into its furry outstretched arms.
~ Ignatius Low, "Just bear with me" (The Sunday Times, 8 Sep 2012)  

I thought Ted looks very much like Jingle. I cannot forget those few times that I had cried hugging Jingle close to me. That must have been quite a long long time ago. His eyes were exactly like those of Ted's. Those times that I cried myself to sleep, Jingle was always beside me. His fur was wet from my tears but there was not a single word of complaint. Sniffing his fur had brought much comfort to get me through those nights. Ha, I can still remember that smell on him :) Watched Ted and oh boy, glad I did! What a beautiful and heartwarming exploration of a relationship between a teddy bear and a man. I guess not everyone can really understand this kind of relationship. Cried both tears of sadness and joy towards the end of the movie. Ted really made my day and I very much wanted to give Jingle a big hug, thanking him for being such a special friend in a part of my life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment