Sunday, September 9, 2012

Spruce @ Old Bukit Timah Fire Station

 Love the combination of black, white and wood. Love the light that was filtered in through the windows that afternoon. I thought the red door of the old fire station was a good contrast to the whole decor of the restaurant.

 Hmm, wasn't exactly a good variety for lunch, at least to me. 

 My choice for lunch, Spruce's signature burger. Hmm, seemed smaller in size as compared to what I had at Tanglin outlet a few years ago or was it my pair of eyes? I wasn't that impressed as I was with that burger few years ago when I had it. Erm, I think HandBurger seems to be able to offer better burgers.  Disappointed...

Don't get the wrong idea. This isn't a picture of the dessert we had at Spruce. This is a picture of what our dear Kat has baked for us. It's cherry pie! Thanks Kat, it's really thoughtful and sweet of you :)

I missed good eggs benedict and was kinda disappointed to know that Spruce only serves brunch (eggs benedict) only during weekends (Saturdays & Sundays). Nevertheless, we still decided to go ahead to have our lunch cum gathering at Spruce, thinking of giving its lunch menu a try. It was a nice and quiet Friday afternoon. We could literally smell the lush greenery outside the restaurant. It's indeed a bigger outlet than the one at Tanglin, I love the space in this old fire station. I guess a high ceiling does have its benefits. It's a peaceful afternoon except for our occasional laughter. And I still miss eggs benedict!

No comments:

Post a Comment