Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pretty little gift


I can still remember clearly the blanket which my grandmother made for me using her near antique sewing machine many years ago. In those years that I had that blanket, I was kind of like Linus and his security blanket, one of the characters in Peanuts. That blanket provided much warmth and comfort not only physically but I must say, emotionally and psychologically. Once in a while, I knew I just got to sniff it a little and a whiff of it never failed to soothe, especially before I slept every night. I had used it for many years and it soon reached a stage where no matter how stitches one can sew, they could never stitch up all the tears. It was really worn out and torn after many years of being such a great companion in my sleep. One day, Mummy decided that it was beyond 'repair' and dat would mean it got to go into the trash bag. Many years now, I know I really still miss it. I think I had not really received any handsewn items since then. You know, it's really a joy to know that there are lovely people in my life who sew and handmade gifts are always much treasured. It started with Erinna's handsewn lunch bag and then subsequently there were quite a few gifts from Mark that were handsewn too. The recent one was a tissue pouch :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment