Sunday, December 30, 2012

Sichuan Dou Hua

 Two plates of keropok being served before our meal, a good variety! Yummy!

 Love the spiciness of this spicy pork belly with garlic! Our one and only spicy dish.

 Didi kept saying, "It gotta swirl." Well, it did occasionally :P

 I kind of like the tenderness of the beef, sizzled with lots of garlic, spring onion and Chinese parsley. My father said that too much of those seemed to have stripped the beef of its natural flavour. Hmm, I would not disagree though although this is my favourite dish for the evening.

Every one of us got a fortune cookie at the end of the meal and this is mine! Trying to make meaning of it.

It was a family dinner at Sichuan Dou Hua and I kind of expected to taste lots of spicy stuff but it seemed that my family members are not really into spicy stuff nowadays. Besides those mentioned above, we also had steamed fish, roasted duck, asparagus, seafood noodles, soup. Hmm, after the meal, I think we unanimously felt that when it comes to Cantonese cuisine, Hua Ting and Asia Grand can do a better job than Sichuan Dou Hua. But then again, we did not really get to try some of the traditional Sichuan dishes that they do serve so I guess not much generalisation could be made.   

No comments:

Post a Comment