Friday, December 14, 2012

Selfish Gene Cafe

 Putting parts together and recreating, notice anything familiar?  

 I knew I had to have B.O.B! Nice runny poached eggs on smoked salmon, such a delightful meal! PY had scrambled eggs on thick toasted brioche. Hmm, I think Selfish Gene certainly knows what it's dealing with when it comes to eggs :P

 I think banana cake is a must-try. Each mouthful is full of banana flavour and I like the fact that it's warm and moist. I must say that the crumble and peanut butter sauce with the banana cake was definitely a match made in heaven!

I like the lemon tart too, glad we ordered that. The lemon curd was not too overly sweet or sour, just the right balance of both.

Love the idea of brunch, oh well, not unless you get to wake up a little later in the morning (Note: being woken up NOT from the shrill of the alarm clock). To me, having brunch means you basically get to enjoy the luxury of time, without any schedule to follow or having to rush for another activity. Sure hope I get more of such time and enjoy such 'luxurious dining'. PY and I decided that we had to meet up for brunch before we flew off for our holiday this early December and we did! As usual, PY dearie came up with a suggestion for our meet up. Gosh, she seems to have endless suggestions and I would not be surprised if she has backup plans :P We had our brunch at Selfish Gene. Not many people in that cozy cafe and quite a lazy late morning I would say. Oh boy, when it comes to good food, I guess there's place for selfishness. What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment