Saturday, March 30, 2013

Homecooked Penang fare

You know what never fails to bring out the taste of this Penang fried kway teow? To me, it has got to be the bean sprouts. Something that complements the whole dish but something that fried kway teow can never do without. Love lots of it in my fried kway teow, every bean sprout is a bliss!

Never really knew that people in Penang have their own way of making wu xiang until Derrick prepared it that evening during dinner. Right inside the beancurd skin were strips of succulent pork!

Every time I get to taste food that is prepared and cooked by Derrick, I wonder how long it would take  for me to be able to reach that stage of mastery. Ha, am I just a reluctant learner or a slow learner? Well, I guess I should blame myself for not finding time to practise and learn. But it certainly is a blessing to be able to savour food that is cooked by my lovely friends :) Kat, I am still looking forward to trying your claypot rice, tom yum chicken and tiramisu! I guess there are reasons (or rather excuses) why it's so difficult to slim down when you are surrounded by such lovely friends who love to bake, cook and eat. I was invited over to Derrick's place for some Penang fare last weekend as he was in the mood for some Penang fried kway teow. Ha, for that moment, he really looked like he was the fried kway teow seller frying kway teow on a push cart in Penang, so authentic, especially when he insisted that he would only fry one plate for each one of us at one time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment