Saturday, March 30, 2013

A question


Almost two months ago, someone asked an interesting question. She asked, "Do you work for success or for significance?". Somehow, I cannot seem to forget that question and I have a strong feeling that it's going to stay with me for quite some time. True enough, this question has been reappearing in my mind the past week. Well, knowing me, I suppose you would have guessed that I would ask for one's definition of success and significance. True, I probably would, however, when that question was asked, I seemed to know clearly in my mind what my answer would be. The definitions did not really matter that great deal anymore. To be able to find a purpose or a reason for your existence is enlightening and I suppose to be able to be guided by this purpose as you move on in life carries great meaning. The journey inward is always important as one treads on the path called Life. Looking within yourself and feel yourself can somewhat bring comfort especially when there is some form of imbalance or disequilibrium. It allows for better understanding and negotiation of self and surrounding. As I look at the slices of lemon in my glass of ice water, with music playing in the background, I must say that I am thankful for moments like this, moments that allow for connection with self and rediscovery of self.  

No comments:

Post a Comment