Sunday, January 25, 2009

My sis...a lifetime friend









When I was just a little girl, I always remembered my younger sis as the crybaby in my family, crying probably at the slightest things, from taking photographs to attending swimming lessons, or was it taking the swimming test? Did she even get her bronze for swimming? Goodness, I was wondering what’s there to cry about or to be fearful of during the test, after how our swimming instructor had kinda ‘tortured’ us during our swimming lessons. But all these have become history, this younger sis of mine have grown up to be a beautiful, confident, smart and courageous lady I would say. Numbers are her friends and her cup of tea and now her rice bowl whereas for me, I think I could turn suicidal by just looking at them, sometimes they seem like some kinda foreign bodies to me. We could be so different but yet most of the time, I thought we have shared great memories as sisters. For the past three years that she has been travelling frequently in the course of her work, I always kinda look forward to her coming back home. At times, I just feel that whole house seems so empty and much bigger without my siblings. Ha, my sis and I used to watch amazing race together and I remember her telling me that she will never have me as her travelling partner if we were to take part in an amazing race as I would probably be the kind who would just look for a hotel and R & R in the midst of the race, she knows that I kinda like to laze around a lot, especially during trips abroad. Ha, I wouldn’t disagree with her, I think when I feel like being lazy, even a bulldozer will not be of much help. Anyway, I’m not interested in any race, winning has never seemed to be a part of my agenda in life.

A note for my sis…
Dear XF, I am gonna really miss you…miss those shopping trips that we have gone together, stopping for a cup of teh and kaya toast at Toastbox, there was a period of time, we kinda frequent that sandwich place, O’Brien. Yummy, those chips were great! Gonna miss watching movies with you. Gonna really miss those times I kinda dived into your bed and cuddled myself up with your quilt cover and plush toys, will miss Viola and Darly. And ha, you always pinched my butt for messing up your bed! Ouch! Gonna miss those laughter and gossip we have shared. Heh, gonna miss those times we ‘scolded’ each other, you would scold me BH and I would scold you KNS. Goodness, talk about graciousness :P Will keep these memories we have shared close to my heart. I am sure there will be more. Hmm, I guess we will not be able to see each other for quite some time. But as you embark on a new chapter in your life, always remember that you will always have my blessings, love and support. Take good care of Purple for me (hope to see him in June, muack!) and most of all, take good care of yourself, eat well (you better learn some cooking over there after buying quite a number of cookery stuff and household items! Oh boy, it’s kinda tiring shopping for those stuff with you! You better make sure you can cook something decent to show us.) and sweet dreamz every night. Love you always…

4 comments:

  1. The answer is I didnt get the bronze from swimming test. See la (BH!!!), now everyone knows..
    But that's beside the point. I did remember crying over how tough the test was. Now, well the importance is, I can swim and I enjoy it. And the days when we hit the club for a dip too.. Will miss those.
    Make sure you get your butt moving to find me(knowing how nua you can be when planning a trip).
    The thing I've learnt abt sisters - they can irritate the hell out of me (and so the constant 'verbal abuse' goes on). Yet, no matter what, the unconditional love and support will always there. Love ya too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is me again... where is the visitor tracker on your blog? And how come no information in your profile? Put more information in your profile leh.. dun be lazy.. My 2 cents worth of thought... For now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erm... also the time setting is wrong right? The time of your posts are wrong.. You juz posted them a while ago when I was sleeping mah. This one should get it fix.. Okie? Ciao.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, u didn't get the bronze from your swimming test?! Ahem, sorry to hear dat (KNS! Hee!) Although I have got my silver, I think you swim faster than me now, even without the award :P
    Hey, give me some time to figure out those visitor tracker thingy, I juz got started u know, not too bad for a beginner like me :P Well, as for my profile, maybe I shall let others read my story to know me better...

    ReplyDelete