Sunday, January 25, 2009

The splendour of nature

It was 2006 when I took this photograph in Perth. If I were to spot an interesting tree, I knew I would take some time to admire it. I am glad I took this photograph but nothing beats standing there next to the tree and gazing at those branches and leaves. How many of us would actually take time to do that? There is simply beauty in the way the branches arch and reach out. I feel that trees have a way to calm nerves and soothe souls, especially the way the branches sway in the wind, the melodious tune as the leaves rustle in the wind, the way the rays of sun shine on them, the smell of leaves after a rainy day. If you were to close your eyes and smell the aroma when you are amongst trees, you could probably weave in some life into your body and heart. You know at times, we are probably alive physically but dead within us, in our souls and hearts. Somehow, trees have a healing effect. Trees are strong because they are the ones who would stand there despite strong winds, storms and the scorching heat, they bravely stand in the open to battle the natural elements of the world and these battles I guess will make them stronger. They are the ones who will provide shade and shelter. Aren’t they great? They really deserve to be appreciated in one way or another, well, at least from my perspective. I was asked to change this profile pic for msn and facebook a few times by my friends but I feel that I just couldn’t do it, it’s such a beauty to be ignored. I am sure there are many more to be admired and appreciated. It’s indeed a blessing to be able to see them and feel them…

No comments:

Post a Comment