Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dinner with my parents

My father is more adventurous as compared to my mummy when it comes to food. But one commonality between them would be they are never fussy or particular about food. I think for my parents, simplicity is defined in its simplest form when food is concerned. They don't really splurge on what goes into their mouths :P ...But they always do not hesitate when it comes to splurging on healthy food for their children :) Today, I realised that of all the meals we have had all these years, I could hardly recall having a Japanese meal with my parents. I suggested having Japanese food for dinner today. My father wanted somewhere near home so we headed to Serangoon Gardens and were hoping that it wouldn't be that crowded. Hmm, from my observation, Fathers' Day seemed not as much celebrated as Mothers' Day, I wonder why? But then again, do we always need a day to remind us how great our fathers or mothers are? Ha, Japanese food is still not Mummy's cup of tea but I thought my father kinda enjoyed the salmon head, me too! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment