Saturday, June 11, 2011

A rolling good time making rolls

I thought I should create a sauce on top of those rolls so mixed some sauces and seasoning together in the heated saucepan, thickened it and added wolfberries. I think I had added too many wolfberries :P My weakness has always been the sauce. The sauce created seemed hmm...just not good enough. But I thought the rolls were good on its own. Maybe could create a Thai dip instead, hmm, consisting of maybe fish sauce with chopped chilli padi (red and green) :P

After steaming, I waited for the rolls to cool before cutting them into smaller rolls :P Wow, was satisfied with the outcome...bai cai was not torn, everything neat and nice :)

I rolled the bai cai with the layer of meat and fish paste and placed them in the steamer to steam for about 9 minutes.

Mixed minced pork with fish paste and added some seasoning and spread a layer on the bai cai

Bai cai...blanched in boiling water, laid out to cool

Hmm, has this blog become kinda a personal recipe blog? Well, I am no chef, not even a cook I would say but sometimes I like to look at how others cook and then adapt some of the ideas for my own cooking. I love to try new self-created recipes. The kitchen is kinda like my experimenting laboratory where successes and failures occurred. Sometimes, when new ideas struck me, I just knew I needed to give it a shot in the kitchen. Was a little apprehensive about trying out this dish yesterday, was kinda lacking in confidence but was still hopeful that maybe it wouldn't be that disastrous at the end of the attempt :P Well, my parents came home and saw what I had prepared and Mummy asked where I had bought that plate of rolls. Hee, I was really beaming with pride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment