Monday, June 6, 2011

A family dinner...A family reunion

We had a late dinner at Hua Ting (Orchard Hotel). I think the last time we were there was in 2009. I just came back from a holiday trip in Europe then and was really too tired to take pics of the food there. Well, but I must say the food is still as great as ever. Service's really wonderful too!

I think the wonderful thing about our dessert was that they were not too sweet and ingredients were all real fresh. The skin of this pancake was real crispy and not oily at all. The red bean paste in between wasn't too sweet too.

Dessert...My father ordered these. They were kinda like muah chee but the filling was black sesame. I think we tried these the previous time we ate at this restaurant. Well, quality and taste are still as good as ever...

The meat of the little piggy was used for our noodles. We brought home another portion of leftover meat, would be good for fried rice or stir fry noodles I guess.

This beef dish is really beautifully done...simply could not stop at just one piece.

Soon Hock...fresh and I always wonder the kinda seasoning that goes into steaming a fish, the HK style of steaming.

Asparagus with garlic...we kept discussing how these are cooked coz they are really yummy.

The piggy's skin is delicious, nicely roasted, not oily and the fats beneath the skin were all removed. But I thought I prefer Peking duck to suckling pig. Hmm, felt funny seeing that little piggy being sacrificed and being served on the plate...maybe I need to rethink the kinda meat I should be eating.

Didi's piggy...Didi - the carnivore

No comments:

Post a Comment