Sunday, December 22, 2013

Birthday celebration at Liang Ji...in October

Sambal crayfish
Teochew steamed promfret...something that I want to learn to cook, looks simple but I think it requires skills  :P
Lovely wrapping, right?! ...More charmed by and excited with the wrapping than the content when I  received this lovely birthday gift from Mark
Rich rich chocolate cake!
My birthday celebration with Adeline, Gean, Derrick, Mark and Martin... Liang Ji is located to where I kind of spent my childhood. Just before dinner that day, went to take a look at the playground where I used to spend my evenings as a little girl. Sat there for a while and recalled how my late grandfather would always bring us to the playground every evening. The playground has changed its facet and no longer would you see those sand or metal bars...However, memories of us playing as little children have not faded. Dinner that day was simple Teochew fare at Liang Ji. As a Teochew, I feel that Teochew cuisine has a long history and will never fail to remind you of home. However, I thought it lacks variety. Maybe it's just a personal opinion or maybe it's really not about the variety but more of the authenticity that matters from this long history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment