Friday, January 22, 2010

Hachiko

When I first saw the poster of "Hachiko" in a cinema some time back, I could not take my eyes off it. Nah, it's not the charm of Richard Gere but more of the way Hachiko looked at Richard Gere in that poster. I told myself I must catch that movie, left early from workplace today (yippee!) and caught the movie in the late afternoon. Well, there's no way to make me work when my mind was focusing on Hachiko. Hee, excuses, excuses and excuses! ...A very simple true story but Hachiko was an extraordinary dog. I started tearing when Hachiko's owner, Parker, passed away, Hachiko must have missed him dearly...Before Parker's passing, Hachiko would wait for him at the train station everyday for him to return in the evening. After Parker was gone, Hachiko had to do what he needed to do. Without fail, he would still wait outside the train station, same time and same spot, hoping that one of the people who came out from the train station would be Parker. He waited and waited till late in the night but the person he longed to meet never came...The following day, he would go to the same spot at the same time to wait again. Seasons passed, the blooming flowers in spring, the cheery sunshine in summer, the fallen leaves in autumn and the bitter cold in winter, Hachiko had gone through all of them...years went by...For almost ten years, Hachiko would wait at the train station every single day...Goodness me, I was thinking and wondering, which human being in the right frame of mind would have done that?...Even when Hachiko was old and slow, he would still make his way to the same spot outside the train station to wait. That was it, that really made me almost burst into tears, I tried not to sob too much and too loudly, silly gal, that was kinda embarrassing :P ...Loyalty, devotion and undying love, Hachiko had shown it all, he's a hero and I know he always will be...
Dearest Sunny baby, you are thought of and missed, hugz...

No comments:

Post a Comment