Friday, January 15, 2010

I can't imagine, can you?

I can't imagine myself walking along a street strewn with dead bodies...
I can't imagine myself seeing people caked in blood and dust, tramatised...
I can't imagine myself hearing cries and sobs of sadness, helplessness and hopelessness...
I can't imagine myself climbing over slabs of concrete and piles of debris that have ruthlessly buried lifeless bodies beneath them...
I can't imagine myself facing the reality that the mortality rate would increase...
I can't imagine such a cruel disaster could rip off countless innocent lives...

To the people of Haiti, I wish I could hold all your hands and bring words of comfort...
As I looked out of the window in my room, it's a peaceful night, I am thankful for who and what I have in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment