Monday, August 9, 2010

Aftershock

How many of us really understand, fully understand the meaning of sacrifice (be it a verb or a noun)? How many of us really know and understand the feeling of a loss? We probably wouldn't until we really have gone through one... I don't think the scenes that were presented in front of me were in any way tramatising or disturbing when I watched that movie because I know that that was really what happened in Tangshan in 1976. Many thoughts went through my mind but somehow, I couldn't really string them together...Making the most painful and difficult decision in your life, seeing your loved ones suffering and in great pain, living in your past, living with painful memories embedded in your mind, filial piety, finding forgiveness and what it takes to forgive...I shed lotsa tears watching that movie but I am certain that those were not tears of sadness. I was more moved and touched by the great strength, courage and love that were demonstrated when faced with devastating situations like a natural disaster. We definitely have simple things to be thankful for, don't we? This movie left me wanting to give my family and those lovely people around me a great big hug, lotsa hugz...left me wanting to tell them how much I really treasure them, how much I really love them...

No comments:

Post a Comment