Sunday, August 15, 2010

The rescue

Such a little darling...

When I woke up this morning, my father told me that he suspected that a kitten was trapped in between two walls at our backyard. It seemed to have kept mewing since the previous day. That kinda got me worried. Oh no, trapped for two days?? There's actually a narrow gap between the wall of my backyard and the wall of the carpark at the condo. There's lots of ferns growing in between the two walls. Forgotten that I had not had my breakfast, I quickly took a ladder and used a pole to search for the little kitten. The wall at my backyard was way too high for me, I couldn't reach the thick growth of ferns and couldn't see the kitten at all. But I could hear clearly the continuous mewing of the kitten from amongst the ferns. I was helpless. I knew I gotta get help from SPCA. Reported the case and informed them of the details. They took no chance although I told them I really could not see the kitten. They sent an officer down to check things out. While waiting for the officer, I looked at the sky, it was getting dark and cloudy. Oh no, it's gonna rain! I was hoping the officer would come quickly, was waiting at the main door...Within half an hour, the officer came. He seemed cool and calm :P He climbed over to the wall at the condo and tried to use his pole with a special loop at the end to get the kitten. Wow, he was fast! Within minutes, he got the kitten! At that moment, he was really a hero to me :P Goodness, that was such a tiny kitten, probably just days old. It was still mewing and was very active. When I held it in my hand, it was no bigger than my palm. I was really happy and glad to know that it's not hurt. Brave little sweetie! Hmm, wondering where its mother was...
I asked the officer if I could take a photo of that little sweetie and he patiently waited for me to take a few shots. He must have found it amusing to see a silly gal getting so excited and thrilled over a little kitten. I couldn't stop thanking him and it was as if that was my kitten :P He asked me if I would like to keep it...I paused for a while, my mother gave a glare...I politely declined the offer...As the officer took the little sweetie to the van, I wished and hoped that it will grow up well and fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment