Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rain

"Rain rain, go away, come again another day...". I probably loved singing this song when I was a little girl. I wished the rain would stop so that I could go out and play. Rain to me at that age would just be kinda like a huge wet blanket that dampened all spirits. Mummy did not like us to get wet in the rain lest we might catch a cold and fall sick. At times, the flash of lightning and the clap of thunder would bring a shudder down my spine...
I was wondering about the title of the musical "December Rains" before I watched the musical that Friday evening. Why "December Rains"? ...Hmm, not quite sure if this musical had struck a chord in my heart but I think it did lead to many more questions after watching the musical...
What is happiness? What is our personal belief about happiness? Happiness is...
What is love? How do we see it or perceive it?
Is there a relationship between love and happiness?
What are we pursuing for in each of our lives?
At the end of the day or even our life journey, what really matters?
Would there be a distinct difference answering these questions at different stages of one's life?
You know, as I grow older, I seem to start loving the rain...pitter patter, pitter patter...the sound of rain, the rhythm of rain. Have you ever looked at those raindrops making their way to the ground or even how they would land on those leaves? Have you ever listened to the rain? Does the rain bring back memories or does it wash away some?... I looked out of the window in my bedroom and wondered when it would rain again...

No comments:

Post a Comment