Monday, April 19, 2010

Stay-home Sunday

It was a stay-home Sunday, trying to clear some work before the new week starts but somehow, the power of procrastination seemed kinda in control. But I am certainly glad that I have met one of my targets, that is to prepare dinner for the day, was determined to do so that day. I guess it gets a little sick eating food bought from outside or to dine outside too often, sometimes I just yield for homecooked food. Well, when I am in the mood to cook, nothing could stop me :P I looked into the refrigerator to look for ingredients to cook up a meal for my parents and myself. In less than five minutes, decided what I would like to prepare...

1. Stir fry sliced bittergourd with egg (bittergourd is kinda like a must have in my family every week, three of us grew up eating that :P Ha, I guess sometimes my parents do wonder how much of hardship and bitterness can their three children take in their lives...I wonder too)

2. Tofu with minced meat, carrots, straw mushrooms and spring onions...with gravy. Minced meat was marinated late in the afternoon :P

3. Prawns cooked in my grandmother's domestic helper's homemade chilli, coupled with onions (realised I added too much) and cherry tomatoes. Oh yes, and some chilli padi, this dish seemed too spicy for my parents' stomach but I thought it's fine. Hmm, just wondering if it would taste better with a few slices of fresh pineapple, well, maybe next time :P

We had some cooked brown rice to go with the dishes. It seemed to feel good eating a simple meal cooked by myself and great to be able to share it with my loved ones. Wow, that was quite an accomplishment for me :)

4 comments:

  1. Be ready to cook when you get here in 2 months time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slavery! :P I am sure Mummy is all ready to do some cooking for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you have such good culinary skills! Must cook for us some time soon! Your fried rice looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee, hi Kat dearie, great to have you commenting on my post :) Thanks, those were just very simple homecooked dishes, not as sophisticated as your expensive ang mo food u cooked with spices and all :P Hmm, it has been quite a long time since I prepared ur favourite pasta salad...:P

    ReplyDelete