Sunday, July 25, 2010

What's cooking?!

Used lean meat for this sweet and sour pork. The slice of pineapple I have bought from the fruit stall was so sweet that I couldn't help eating a few small pieces while cutting them into cubes :P Realised that I have forgotten to add green pepper, maybe the next time. Used Woh Hup sweet and sour sauce, thought a little of chilli padi may add some 'excitement' to the dish :P

Stir fry the shimeji mushroom with carrots and oyster sauce. Pour the ingredients and gravy over the steamed tofu. Love the sweetness of the mushroom in the oyster sauce!

Dou miao with lotsa garlic. Walked two rounds at the vegetables section, wondering what to cook, kinda a great variety to choose from. But don't really want to cook the usual that Mummy likes to cook.

Was looking at the stack of work to 'tackle' over this weekend and at the same time, 'battling' the urge to cook. Finally, chose to just spend my Sunday late afternoon preparing dinner for my parents and myself, didn't feel like eating out anyway. My parents were out in the afternoon and would usually be glued to the television set every Sunday evening, watching their favourite Taiwanese drama serial (goodness, wonder when the last episode would come, seem to be endless). Drove to the huge NTUC near Hougang Ave 9 to get what I needed, it was really crowded. Got what I needed and quickly made my way out of the crowd, seem to be developing this phobia of being amidst a crowd, don't really like it. Preparation plus cooking took me about probably one and a half hours. Hee, my father liked the sweet and sour pork, he said that it's nice *blushed* :P My mummy usually eats what I cook, always supportive :) Remembered what my sis and bro said about my cooking. XF said she could easily recognise the style of my cooking (from the taste and the presentation) and Didi said my cooking lacked the 'wok' taste. Sigh, profound indeed. Anyway, just enjoying what I enjoy doing :P Have had a good evening cooking! Hmm, guess what, that stack of work is still staring at me...Hmmm, shall I go make myself a glass of honey drink and maybe with a slice of lemon in it? :P

2 comments:

  1. abit of fats in the meat will make nicer sweet & sour pork, though not as healthy, agree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. You know, I was looking at those fatty meat and lean meat in the supermarket, hmm, could not really bring myself to buy the fatty ones although they might taste better :P The lean meat was a little tough after cooking but still not too bad, ha :P Hee, you must cook your version of sweet and sour pork one of these days and I certainly hope to taste it! :)

    ReplyDelete