Saturday, September 11, 2010

After a week...random thoughts

It's good to take a walk along the beach once in a while...I'm glad I did :) Thanks Rene for the photo!
I have not opened my black planner for the past few days. Neither have I checked my email at work for the past few days. Ha, kinda ignored my long list of things to do at work for the past few days too. Well, not exactly feeling guilty about it :P Hmm, just wish and hope that I have the strength and stamina to survive through the next part of 2010...
"Unless you are a student, retiree or housewife, so much of a person's life centres on that concept called work - where to work, what sort of work, are you happy at work, should you work? The workplace has long become more than just a place you check into five days a week to fulfil form of labour for which you are paid at the end of the month. A colleague put it aptly: Work is a creche for adults, providing structure, stimulation and sustenance.
Here is also where you find friendship, companionship and love even, and you can be guaranteed it's among like-minded people. Afterall, you are similiar enough to seek a job in the same area of interest." ~ Sumiko Tan, The Sunday Times (29 June 2008)
I was reading Sumiko Tan's article, "Work gives life meaning". Hmm, we have worked all our adult life, but have we ever asked ourselves this...do I live to work or do I work to live?...
If you were an instrument in a symphony, which instrument do you think best represents you? Why?...I thought this question is kinda interesting :P I thought about this question not really for long and an instrument instantly came to mind :)...
Although still nursing a nasty cold, I opened my black planner and replied a few emails half an hour ago. Life goes on...

No comments:

Post a Comment