Thursday, September 9, 2010

Porridge

Have always liked eating porridge. Nice and hot, easy to digest and of course, it goes very well with just salted vegetables :P Had dinner at Oasis Taiwan Porridge Restaurant (Toa Payoh). Well, we didn't just have salted vegetables though. I thought the fried promfret with fermented black beans and lotsa leek was nice, that was my favourite :P Ha, Rachel and I were trying to finish every bit of it, including the bones...meow :P The braised intestines and salted vegetables were kinda ordinary to me. The raw cockles were fresh though and went very well with the sourish chilli sauce. The porridge was nice and warm, kinda like it with those chunks of sweet potatoes. Hmm, I remember my mummy adding pumpkin when she was cooking porridge at home, I like it too! Nowadays, my mummy usually cooks porridge for dinner, good idea, goes well with just vegetables and steamed fish :)

No comments:

Post a Comment