Monday, September 27, 2010

Focaccia bread sandwich

Saw focaccia bread (real huge pieces) at Swissbake that day so decided to buy them to cook up something for breakfast the next day. Focaccia bread has always been my favourite, with herbs and rich in flavour, just the right kinda bread for a sandwich. Saw a can of sardine in our food cabinet, had the sardine shredded and placed in the fridge that night and had them pan fried with beaten eggs, milk, soya sauce and pepper the next morning. I guess that formed the 'star' of my sandwich, the rest were just greens, tomatoes and cheese (hoo, loved it when it melted on the egg and sardine :P). Didn't realise the sandwich got so huge when all the ingredients were stuffed in between the bread. I could not finish the whole sandwich at one go, had half early in the morning and the other half in the later part of the morning. You know, whenever I bring homemade breakfast or lunch to work, I would always wish I could sit at a table placed in a nice little garden, enjoying my meal, sipping tea, no laptop, no documents, no schedule to follow, no list of things to work on...daydreaming again :P

2 comments: