Monday, March 9, 2009

Being 'baked' and my giving tree




Nice weather today to be ‘baked’ by the pool and to be just doing nothing! Went to the club for a dip in the pool. Those pictures are just views from the deck chair. I have always loved the drive to the club, so relaxing and surrounded by a great variety of trees that lined the side of the winding road. But guess what, after not having been to the club for quite some time, noticed today that the road has been diverted and broadened and that would mean I would not be able to drive past my favourite tree! I did not get to see it, I could not find it! That small road where that tree stood was closed…was disappointed coz was so used to looking at it whenever I drove past. I cannot really explain why I like that tree but it just stood out amongst the rest, love its branches, the way the branches swayed in the wind, the way it stood out against the backdrop of clear blue sky, the way it lost all its leaves at times, just like winter and every branch would reach out with confidence , the way it was filled with luscious green leaves at times and the way the leaves turned yellow, started making its way to the ground at the side of the road…seemed to be experiencing the various seasons and seemed to depict different kinda moods, it was so full of character at the side of the road. It seemed to have brought comfort every time I drove past, just like a giving tree. Hope I can see it soon…

No comments:

Post a Comment