Monday, March 9, 2009

The eye

I had assam curry fish head with my parents for dinner tonight. The first thing my father helped me serve was the eye of the fish. It was a huge one and I was elated! It was looking at me right in the eye but there was no guilt as I placed it in my mouth. I sucked clean the soft and tender tissue and spat the pupil and hard membrane out. Yummy, this one is kinda slimy but the tenderness was lovely. Coupled with the assam gravy, it was simply heaven. Why can’t one fish have more than a pair of eyes? Freaky me, I guess at times, I am just not that typical gal you would see or know about :P Sorrie, no pic of the eye...

2 comments:

  1. it sounds gruesome, for someone who doesn't appreciate fish head, not to even mention fish EYE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous,
    The best part of the fish does not necessary come directly from the body. If you could allow me to recommend a few good parts to savour from a fish, they are the cheeks, the fins, the tail, the eyes and the area around the eyes. I would say it’s kinda not easy eating those parts, probably need some skills and patience at times. Hmm, sometimes, the more difficult it is to obtain something, the more one would treasure it and the more one would probably learn from it. We do get pricked by the thorns when we want to pick a rose from a bed of roses, don’t we? Thanks for your comment…

    ReplyDelete