Sunday, March 29, 2009

Satay beehoon

My lao peng you, Guiyu, bought delicious satay beehoon for me on Friday. It’s from a stall at East Coast Park Hawker Centre which sells famous satay beehoon. Heh, I think I have got a request to make special mention of this in my blog :P I don’t usually eat satay beehoon but Guiyu and her hubby have kinda queued for a long time to buy it, so I thought I should taste how great it really is. According to them, the stall starts selling at six o’clock in the evening and usually closes at about ten at night and everything will most probably be sold out by then. Well, I am glad I got to taste the satay beehoon, it's nice, the beehoon was cooked to a nice texture, springy…the gravy was tasty, smooth, not too salty, there wasn’t too strong a peanut taste like the usual kind you would taste. The various kinds of ingredients added were fresh but wish there were more vegetables and tau pok :P Hey Guiyu, thanks for the treat, sorry, couldn’t stay long that evening. We will meet up again k and make sure we have a longer chat then!

2 comments:

  1. no worries, hope u like it. After trying this stall's satay bee hoon, i never take any from others anymore. The ingredients are really fresh... But if u go on weekends, u prob hv to queue an hour! The stall owner simply bo-chap, juz take their own sweet time, that's prob why the queue is always so long, ha ha:) anyway, charlotte likes the dresses alot, (she always go for a dress when goes shopping)...thnks my fren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly speaking, I think I am not dat kind who will queue for good food, I will just make do with any food. Glad to know that Charlotte likes those two dresses. Well, Auntie Xiaowen's taste can't go that wrong :P Wonder how come Mummy is not as vain as daughter, ha!

    ReplyDelete