Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Fly high and away

Nuts about chocolate with peanut butter from Baskin Robbins...
slabs of peanut butter, terribly sinful!
Grilled seafood at Menaga Cafe by the beach...fresh seafood

Lobsters were finger-licking good!

Our hotel, Melia Bali, has a really beautiful and well-maintained garden


Enjoying a meal by the beach

Beach at Nusa Nua, just at our hotel... simply relaxing by just walking along the beach...
feeling the soft white sand...

Beach at Kuta...during sunset


The 'nua' queens :P
Those clips on my wings were gone, I flapped my wings and flew free in the clear blue sky…I took a last look at my black planner (one that I cannot work without but know that I can live without) last Thursday afternoon and bade farewell to it as I placed it aside, forgetting its existence…well, I guess for a few days. I was away for a short getaway to Bali over the long weekend, was craving badly for some sun, sand and sea. Ha, I simply love being lazy at times :P
Jiaqi, my ex-colleague cum good friend cum travel mate especially to a few beach resorts needed a break from work too. We kinda have been talking about lazing around in a beach resort since last year. Finally, this busy friend of mine’s schedule can meet mine this time. Ha, we can never forget how we nearly perished in the Pacific Ocean when canoeing in Hawaii, how we bravely or should I say foolishly followed a big burly local around the island. Well, he was pretty friendly. He brought us to a few places and told us so much about his country. Well, actually both of us gals did talk about how to attack that big guy just in case he tried anything funny, ha! We are considered super ‘nua’ queens by Kat, we are the kind who can go back to hotel for afternoon naps while travelling, the kind who can spend much time watching TV programmes while travelling. Lazing around is always part of our agenda when we travel. We bet Kat cannot stand it, being a shopping queen and always with numerous things going through her mind. I think she must be busy shopping last long weekend. Wish she could just rest her body, mind and soul at times. But I guess shopping is her way of resting her body, mind and soul :P

Okie, back to my Bali trip, I went back to the same hotel I stayed in a couple of years ago. Service still as great, we were kinda treated like princesses or should I say ‘nua’ queens :P We were always greeted with a smile, from the corridor to the pool to the restaurant to the beach, from the chambermaid to the waiter to the bell boy to the gardener to the beach boy, everyone of them. It was always like, “Good morning!” and “How are you today?”. Their smiles were always so sincere and they were always so helpful, considering our safety, ensuring our comfort and pretty assuring. It’s always great to see them hard at work and doing their best to provide the best service to their customers. Well, in this instance, I do not mind paying for good service, I do not mind pampering myself on such trips :P Days were spent getting a massage, spent some time at Kuta (too crowded, didn’t really like), lazing by the beach, eating and eating. Oh boy, think I need to stop eating like a glutton, had ice cream every day. Goodness, love the peanut butter chocolate ice cream at Baskin Robbins!... Oh yes, the sounds of waves, was so used to hearing them for the past few days that kinda miss hearing them now. Enjoyed the walk along the beach, on the soft white sand. I looked back, I saw my footprints, a trail of it…some washed away by the waters eventually… footprints left on the sand can be washed away but footprints left in my heart over the years can never ever be washed away…I raised my hands and feel the space around me…As I stood there, it felt as though I was being embraced by the sea, it has brought comfort…

I look at my black planner as I am typing this, not really wanting to open it as yet…

3 comments:

  1. Didn't know you went off to Bali for a break! Nice..
    Where are the pics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, juz a short getaway over the long easter break. You went away too over the long weekend, didn't u? Nice! :P We were supposed to go Hua Hin last year end but thanks to the social unrest over at Thailand then. Aiyo, must gimme some time to upload pics mah. Well, here they are...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad that we managed to get away for a while. It's been a long time since we nuan at a beach resort. Happy to hv u as a nuan buddy. Hee! :)

    ReplyDelete