Sunday, April 19, 2009

Home alone

My parents headed for Shanghai today, both for holiday and to visit my brother. I had lunch with them at the airport before seeing them off. There was hardly anyone at the departure hall at T3, love the peacefulness and quiet in that place. Somehow, not so sure if it comes with age, I don’t seem to enjoy noises much nowadays, don’t really like crowded places too. Well, I guess I have never really fancied places with many people too. I guess at times, we just need to enjoy quiet moments to ourselves. Heh, even in places where there’s lotsa noises and many conversations going on, I think I can even shut my ears off and be just oblivious to what’s going on around me. Is this plain stubbornness or just selective listening? Naughty naughty gal :P

With my parents not around at home, guess the house is going to be much bigger. Sometimes, you just wonder what’s going on at the other corner of the house, a corner that you hardly even go to. My parents was reminding me of a long list of things to remember while we were having lunch this afternoon…gate, doors, windows, rubbish, stove, lights, boiling of water, fruits in the fridge, bunches of keys, laundry, mail, garden, cleanliness…the list goes on. In my parents’ eyes, I guess I will always be the little girl they know many many years ago :P My father is kinda a neat freak and looking at the way he files his documents sometimes would put me to shame. Well, they can be pretty naggy at times but I know they care and I mean a lot to them :) I think I am going to miss them these two weeks. But heh, till they are back again, I guess I am probably also gonna enjoy that freedom. Well, hope they are having a great time meeting up with my brother right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment