Saturday, December 26, 2009

London...







I like London the most. Hmm, it's not as quiet and calm as cities I have visited in Switzerland but also not as sophisticated as Paris. It's has kinda a rich and strong European flavour in it, or should I say a rich and strong English flavour in it. This can also be seen in the architecture of the houses and buildings. Ha, drinking English breakfast tea seemed more meaningful in London, well, it's really true! :P Oh yes, it felt kinda good to hear good and proper English being spoken everyday by the English and people around you, beautiful! Every word clearly pronounced and every sentence correctly phrased. People that we have met were generally friendly, pretty easy to strike conversations too. Derrick's aunt, Cassy, is a good example. She has been staying in London almost all her life and she shared with us with much pride that she loves London, could see the sparkle in her eyes. Good for her! We really appreciate her great hospitality and warmth during our stay at her place. She has prepared us fantastic meals and has taken so good care of all of us! Oh yes, have got a lovely white teddy bear from her at the end of our stay in London, sweet and lovely lady :) One wouldn't feel too homesick coz of food over in London too, we had delicious dim sum, roasted duck, lobster noodles and the supermarket has got a great variety of stuff, shopping is great here too, I guess alot more to discover over in London. Give this silly gal a month or more and I think I would take my own sweet time to discover London, stopping for tea and nice pastries occasionally, ha!... I remember Mark asking me at Heathrow airport if I was tired and if I do miss home...Yup, I do miss home and also felt that I needed some rest from this long trip but I think I also kinda gonna miss London. Hmm, I think and I hope I will be back there again...

No comments:

Post a Comment