Saturday, December 12, 2009

Switzerland - Basel, Luzern, Bern & Zurich

People who have travelled to Switzerland seem awed by this country, it's like a must-visit kinda place in your lifetime. Heh, frankly speaking, if my sis wasn't not working and staying in Switzerland, I think I wouldn't even know when I would visit Switzerland. Travelling as I age seems to be just about experiencing and feeling, less the thrill and adventure. Switzerland seems to give me a peaceful kinda feeling, people are nice and mild, surrounding pretty serene...I could hardly hear much noise these few days that I was here. If you were to ask me to recall what I saw in Luzern, Bern and Zurich, I think I could summarise in a couple of words...clock towers, train stations, rivers, shops, shops and shops. Hmm, maybe we have been visiting those parts of the cities that's like the shopping areas and thus that kinda explained the shopping but I don't think we are those who shop intensively overseas :P Nevertheless, I was telling Mark, Europe is just kinda a different feel from other countries that I have visited. You know, it has just got that Europe 'feel', probably hard to express in words :P

The most wonderful part of these few days in Switzerland was not the places or cities that I have gone to, nah, not those at all. The most wonderful part of this trip to Switzerland was spending time cooking in my sis's kitchen and having the company of my sis and Mark, crazy fellas! We cooked dinner for all the days and had dinner together for most of the evenings, that's the most treasured part of the trip :) Didn't really get the chance to chat for long with my sis these few nights though, she looked tired after work everyday but glad to hear her laughter that evening. Haiz, forgotten to bring along Purple! If not, Pinkie could meet Purple. Anyway, I guess will be seeing my sis when I get back to Singapore. We only have one day before she's flying off to HK. Didi will be around too! Haiz, this gal! Always on the move! :P

PS: will upload a couple of pics when I get home! Till then, bear with my words :P

No comments:

Post a Comment