Sunday, May 27, 2012

Letoile

 My hot chocolate...my time...and my space

 From a little corner of the cafe...

The cafe also sells products from Japan.

Mark recommended this little cafe, Letoile, located at a corner of Owen Road. It was a Saturday afternoon when I popped by the cafe. Hmm, I sensed and felt simplicity the moment I stepped in. I chose a quiet corner in the cafe and a nicely handwritten menu was placed on my table by a friendly staff. The little drinks menu at the side of the table was also handwritten...adding on a personal touch to the whole experience I guess. I was kinda hungry so I ordered hot chocolate and a scone. Loved the music playing in the background as I worked on some stuff on my lappy. Well, a good place to idle, read or just catch up with friends. Spent almost two hours there and realised that I had not explored the second floor of the cafe! Silly me! Well, will be back, hopefully a weekday...have always this mentality that all cafes are crowded during weekends. As I was looking at stuff in the cafe and the staff busy at work, I also wondered about the hard work that one needs to put in to set up and operate a cafe. But I guess the little joys that a lovely cafe can offer to its patrons can also be real satisfying to the cafe owners.  

No comments:

Post a Comment