Sunday, May 6, 2012

Work refusal but still thinking...and blogging

I cannot believe I only had one post in my blog for the month of April. Goodness, what happened?? Good question, a very good question to ask silly me indeed. How have I spent the past few months of my 2012? I am not sure if I know clearly...and I am not sure if they have been well-spent. I just remember they were packed with numerous agendas and things to do at work, almost every hour and minute. Is it me or is it what I do? Have also been thinking about ideals, realities and expectations...most of the times, trying very hard to find that equilibrium amidst them. I was sharing with Angeline that maybe what I do is something for me think about and reflect upon at the end of the year. Anyway, I am currently at a "work refusal" state, trying to ignore my list of things to do. Sometimes, that list and those responsibilities are like a kinda stalker, so irritating and simply annoying in my life! Pardon all my grouses but as much as there is a child in every one of us, I also feel that I have a real naughty and rebellious gal in me. The rebel is in town to cause some necessary chaos. Heh, not that goody and nicey gal all the time :P

I seem to like to read reflection written by Ignatius Low in the Sunday Times. He shared about travelling solo in his column today. I do agree that solitude can be a real good companion at times. One just needs that space to be immerse oneself in loneliness and this could be moments that could lead to self discovery, to get in touch with that inner peace and to rethink about one's life. 

"For I may not always know for sure if I have taken the right path in life. But I do know that I have to wander off it to appreciate the distance I have covered."

~ Ignatius Low, "Travelling Solo", The Sunday Times (6 May 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment