Sunday, May 6, 2012

Through my eyes

Sometimes, we keep looking for that picture within our frame of life and a few times, we lose that picture maybe coz we are blinded by other distractions or priorities that come along. Where is our focus? 

Perspectives...how apt! Sometimes, it's kinda interesting how frames can help or hinder how you look at and view things...or well, maybe life. At times, we don't see beyond that frame and we are missing out a whole lot of beauty out there. However, at times, we feel safer seeing things within our protected frame, too afraid to step beyond boundaries. I guess grappling with this dilemma is life.

Art, like language and music, is a form of expression. Through art, artists 'verbalise' and express their deepest feelings and emotions...which at times, can be difficult to express in words. But is art a form of language that can be understood by all? Is it meant to be understood or it shall just remain as a form of expression?

A mother's love is the greatest, so powerful that it moves, challenges and inspires. I must say I was really touched by this piece of installation art. I actually blinked back tears when I heard about the story. May those cranes bring much love, hope and strength to the artist and her daughter always.  

I was at an installation art exhibition probably about two weeks ago. It's a showcase of all the pieces of art created by Mark and his cohort of coursemates from his programme. I was sharing with Mark how I really love to check out installation art at times. To me, I am always curious to know the meaning or story behind that piece of creation...the thoughts, the ideas and how they're conceived, the feelings, the emotions... To me, that's connection, a form of connection between the artist and myself. That connection allows me to appreciate that piece of art better and allows me a space in the world of that artist. In appreciating a piece of art, it also provides me an opportunity to express how I feel about what is felt or what's expressed by the artist. The above would be my thoughts about those pieces of work. Hmm, you know, I always hold on to my belief that there is never an ugly piece of art...it's not about beauty, never, it's probably more of that attempt and willingness to make that connection...and I think it all boils down to one's heart and mind. Open your mind and heart...and you will never see an ugly piece of art. ...To all who have shared their pieces of creation, great job! And I just wanna thank you for allowing me to enter your world and for giving me this opportunity to also think about my world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment