Tuesday, May 14, 2013

As simple as that


One of life's little pleasures can be as simple as enjoying a cup of nicely brewed tea or should I say, a cup of teh (siu dai). Why do I feel such a strong desire to enjoy more of such moments nowadays? Is it more to satisfy a want or a need? ...Maybe my mind is tired from the constant list of things to work on, maybe it's time to find a focus, or maybe it's time to refocus? Ha, or maybe age is just catching up, finally admitting the impact and effects of those digits. As I was sipping on my cup of teh peng at a eatery at Gardens by the Bay last weekend, I wish I could just spend a quiet morning or afternoon sitting there, taking sips, not gulps, of teh. Maybe pen down some thoughts, think about the good old times or simply just watch life pass by, slowly. Even admiring the cup that contained my teh fascinated me quite abit as I was snapping away with my camera, trying to get the right 'feel' and 'mood' for the picture. Well, I guess my happiness can be as simple as that!

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you should pick up a hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe her hobby is sipping teh beng siu dai while taking photos of it and composing reflections... :)

    That's not a bad hobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mark, what do you think could be a hobby that I could or should pick up, given what I am and what I have or maybe do not have?

    Hi Passerby, ha, I wonder who you are at times. You are kinda just passing by but at times, you sounded more than just a passerby. Anyway, thanks for your comments and for being such a lovely passerby!

    ReplyDelete