Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Eggs Benny Hopping



I thought Juliet asked a good question when she heard me comparing the eggs benny at Riders Cafe and eggs benny at Marmalade Pantry. On what basis did I make the comparison and what was I actually comparing? Ha, frankly speaking, I have not really thought about this. Hmm, yup, maybe it's the taste, probably it's the texture... At the end of the day, as I thought about this question again, I feel that at times, it's probably difficult to explain one's love for something and maybe there is really no need for an explanation or a specification. I just love it and my heart tells me so! Most of all, it makes me happy. In my heart, I know that I still miss the eggs benny at Riders Cafe and I have this feeling that much care, effort and thoughtfulness have been included in the making and preparation of this dish. And I know that I felt valued as I savoured every bit of that eggs benny right till the plate was licked clean. Ha, I guess when it comes to matters of the heart, explanation and rationality are just not important and irrelevant. 

What is beauty? Heh, don't start, silly gal. I guess not all are going to like answering this kind of question. However, I was really thinking of this question when I was looking at the variety of cupcakes put on display while having brunch at Marmalade Pantry (Fairway Drive). Those trays and tiers of cupcakes were so pretty and beautiful. Hmm, however, I didn't seem to want to savour them. I was wondering why. Not in the mood? Too pretty to be eaten? Or are they just pretty little things to be 'savoured' by the eyes but not the taste buds? Or maybe the first impression counts, looks matter and hooks the interest of those who are contemplating whether to try the cupcakes? Told you not to start, silly gal! Oh ya, not satisfied with the photographs that I had taken of the cupcakes at all, didn't seem to be able to capture the beauty of the cupcakes at all. Why? Oh no, please don't start!

3 comments:

  1. You have not tried mRk studio's benny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! I have not tried mRk's Studio's eggs benny but that's coz its boss has not invited me to try its eggs benny :P I heard eggs benny would also come with a cup of nicely brewed tea and a lovely doggy for company.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My benny comes with a lot of other things other than a nice cup of brewed tea.

    ReplyDelete