Friday, May 24, 2013

Mummy, Mummy, Mummy

 Ha, I call it Japanese kuei lapis :P 

 Only managed to take a photo of Mummy's crab pasta. Bravo, Mummy finished the whole plate!

Eating well and hoping we will be well :)

I kinda like those times that I get to have Sunday lunch with my parents. It was Mother's Day weekend and Mummy said not to fuss over it and just had a simple lunch at a nearby food court. Silly me thought   maybe we should 'venture' further :P My father suggested having some Western food and my mummy added we should have some healthy food. So, there we were, landed up at Cedele@Great World. Actually, it is kinda my favourite Cedele probably because of the space and variety in the menu. Surprisingly, we managed to get a table in less than five minutes without any reservation and considering it's Mother's Day weekend. As we were having our lunch, my father commented that I ate too fast. But I was never a fast eater, not amongst my friends. Hmm, but yes, indeed, it kind of struck me at that moment that maybe I was really eating too fast, it also kind of reminded me that I was going too fast in my life and that I needed to slow down, food for thought indeed. Just as we were about to make payment, we heard a lady shouting angrily at one of the staff at the restaurant outlet. Apparently, she felt that she was in a way being discriminated and not served at the payment counter. She was shouting so loudly that the whole restaurant could hear her. She must be really angry but her way of expressing her anger kind of shocked me a little. Is shouting the only way to express our anger and displeasure? How would you feel if you are being shouted at? Food for thought again. My mummy was commenting that the lady was really fierce and I was thinking that I could not even recall when my parents actually did shout at me. Maybe they never ever did and somehow, I am thankful for that. Well, we shopped a little after lunch and had our teh and kopi at Toastbox for our afternoon tea break. Ha, simple day but satisfying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment